When it comes to bite work having a talented decoy can have a huge impact on your training. The majority of bite work is taught by the decoy, not the handler.
Working with a good decoy who understands proper techniques and can effectively communicate with your dog is one of the most important aspects to having a successful patrol dog.
In this seminar decoys will focus on:
- Bite sleeve presentations
- Properly absorb the impact of a canines bite
- Analyzing canine behavior
- Introducing canines to new bite equipment
- Agitation techniques focusing on drives such as; Pray, Defense, Fight, Flight
- Civil work
Handler seminar (bite work)
To be a successful canine handler there must be a mutual respect between dog and man. To achieve this, we teach the dog to WANT to do his job.
In this seminar handlers will learn:
- Off-leash training
- Fast recalls
- Solid obedience with decoy present
- Problem solving techniques