K2 is seeking a Full-Time Explosives Detection Canine Handler in New York City, NY.
K2 Solutions is seeking experienced Explosive Detection Canine Handlers to work as a team on a Full Time basis to inspect personnel, cargo, vehicles, and buildings in conjunction with client authorities. The Canine Handler performs his or her duties while working a trained Explosive Detection Dog that has met a national certification.
The team will be required to search for the client to identify explosive threats. Handler will be responsible for maintaining training records to maintain certification. Handler will be responsible for housing, care and maintenance of assigned canine. Handler may be required to work additional hours as directed.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
– Minimum of 2 years Handler experience in canine detection duties
– Former Law Enforcement or Military K9 background preferred
– Able to recognize K9 diseases, be familiar with hygiene requirements, and know the physical condition of the K-9
– Training in protocols to preclude cross contamination of explosive odors used in training and testing
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
– Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
– Exercise sound judgment in all areas of responsibility
– Maintain effective professional relationships with employees and outside individuals and agencies
– Ability to understand and successfully handle various operational issues